Apparently it hasn't rained in Firenze for a very long time. And then we arrive, and it has rained everyday! But that's okay...more time for us to rest and relax since it has been a rough couple of nights, trying to adjust to the time change and the new sleeping accomodations. We have attempted to go outside inbetween the showers so Ava could run around in the garden and get some energy out!
I've been running around, trying to get us settled in. All the suitcases are unpacked and closets are organized. Ava has been painting, playing with playdough, and of course having me read to her. I think she is happy to just stay in the house and get used to her new surroundings. Yesterday when we ventured outside to go to the supermarket, she was not used to the hussle and bustle of the busy streets! All the cars, motorini, and buses kind of freaked her out, and she wasn't happy unless I was carrying her--but I don't blame her! It is so different living in an area so noisy and busy, particularly to a small child. Thankfully our house isn't right in the center of Firenze, and so we have a little more peace and quiet. But then again, even when we don't hear cars on the street, we can hear the roosters and chickens in our neighbor's yard. When sitting in the nice big garden we can hear the small river just in front of the house...and there is a little waterfall that has become much more rapid and noisy with all the rain coming down! So many new things to see, and so many new things to hear!
anonymous - that's your mother! Couldn't figure out how to select my profile... Love the stories you post! mom
ReplyDeleteOh, the little fishes swim toward your cursor. I love it1
ReplyDelete