My daughter is Ava. She has 3 letters in her name. We lived in Italy for 3 months. We are back for 3 more!
11 September 2009
Ready, Set, Grow!
Three days till lift-off. I did a google search for "three days" and this image above showed up. It says it is a picture of a broccoli sprout at three days old. Pretty darn cute, in my opinion, and how funny that someone really thought it was important to show a three-day-old sprout on the web. I love it.
Three days...just Saturday, Sunday, and most of Monday are left. Really, I think time is slowing down just to irk me. I keep trying to prepare Ava for the long flight, reminding her that we'll have to sit in our seats for 9 whole hours till we reach Paris. Mainly I think she would be happy for me to read her ALL the new Beatrix Potter books I recently bought her. She's been eyeing the small editions each time we go to the bookstore, the ones that match her first Peter Rabbit book from London. I broke down and bought her 4 new stories just for this journey, and just like her Peter Rabbit book, she wants me to read them nonstop. I'm not sure how many bookstores in Florence sell reasonably priced children's books in English, so I figured I might as well stock up now or else I would be reading the same couple of books for 3 months straight! (I'll have to search around the city and see if we can find one and report back!)
My little girl just really loves to read, and I'm so thankful for that. Not only does she like me to read to her, but she memorizes the books, and reads them to herself! There are moments when I come into our bedroom, and there she is with all her "Beatrix Potter books" (as she formally calls them) on the floor, turning the pages and reading to herself. I realize this could be a great way to spend the time on the flight, seeing as she will probably have a hard time sleeping without her car seat on the plane. I figure if I read the 5 books, one after the other, that's a good 50 minutes! Cause you know, you gotta read slowly, and with all the silly animal voices, and look at the pictures very carefully. Now, I just need to do that about 5 times...then have a good dinner break, walk up and down the aisles smiling at the passengers, and maybe my computer battery will last for a 2-hour movie...before we know it the flight will be over! Then from Paris to Florence, we'll just have to look at a magazine and I will make up stories for her according to the pictures on each page. She LOVEs when I do this...any sort of spontaneous story or song I can make up. And it's good for my brain. Keeps me young and imaginative just like that little 3-day-old-broccoli sprout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment