09 September 2009

Lucky 9's?


Well, this may not be directly related to our trip to Italy, but felt I should make a post on 09-09-09.  Apparently many people were married today, as this could be seen as a lucky date.  From the Washington Post, they claim the Chinese word for "nine" sounds similar to the word meaning "forever".  I bet the diamond companies enjoyed banking on that one!

Also happening today, the Beatles' Remastered Albums will be released today, with lots of cool Beatles add-ons of their 12 original studio albums in a box-set costing...$199.  I think they should do a bundle with the new Beatles Rock Band set, and make it a classy $999!  It would be worth every penny.  Ava and I have been on a Beatles kick this whole summer, listening to a mix cd our friend made us.  Inevitably, everytime we get into the car, Ava now demands "Let it Be!" and we take off, belting our favorite tunes.  It's cliche, I know, but they really are the best band that ever existed.

Lastly, of particular note to this blog, this 9-9-9 day means only 5 more days till we take off!  You know you are excited for a trip when you are starting to count down the hours of each day.  I tried doing a test-run of weighing my suitcases tonight to see where I am in my packing job.  With a few more clothes to squeeze in, my running shoes, and Ava's favorite pillowcase, I think we might be right on the 50lb mark for each suitcase!  I hope I'm not forgetting anything, and that this day of lucky 9's will keep me under the weight limit till we fly away!

No comments:

Post a Comment