02 September 2009

All Off???

Alright, I know there will be many things we will have to try to figure out while we're in Italy.  The language, the customs, the bus route, the best way to walk down a narrow sidewalk with a stroller without being run over by multiple motorini.  I know all these things will come with time, and we must figure them out in order to function in the city.  But before we leave, I'm trying to wrack my brain for things that I just do not want to try to figure out, and just take care of in the States before we leave.  This brings me to the pre-Italy-preparation that we accomplished today:  the haircut. 

I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel like walking into a hair salon in Firenze to explain how I would like my hair to be cut.  Or how to cut my darling daughter's hair, too!  Maybe I have watched Roman Holiday one too many times.  I know Princess Ann walked into that hair salon to get a new look, and cut all her hair off into a cute little summer style.  But I am fond of both our long locks at the moment.  It has taken both Ava and I a long 3 years to grow our hair out!  I would hate to walk into a salon and attempt to say, in my broken Italian "just a little off" and have it translate into Princess Ann's demanding "All off!"

I will openly admit that since Ava was born, I have had her hair cut professionally a total of....one time.  Yep...3 years old, and only one little trim.  A couple of weeks ago I just couldn't take her bangs in her eyes for one more second, so I bravely dared to cut her hair.  Bad idea.  Well, it wasn't a total disaster, but thankfully she has just enough curl in her hair that you couldn't see how crooked her ends were!  And her bangs situation wasn't great either.  I, myself, hadn't had my hair cut since May.  So I decided to bite the bullet, pay $25, and get our hair cut before our big trip.  Just a simple trim for me, with the addition of some long, side-swept bangs....and exactly the same for Ava!  haha!  What can I say: it's kind of funny to have a mini-me, and I can't stand the thought of cutting her hair into that little girl bob.  It took too long for her hair to start growing to begin with!

So I will tell everyone that I chickened out of the "italian haircut situation" for now.  I've gone 3 months without a haircut, and I can do it again.  Maybe by the next time we are in Italy I will have the courage of Princess Ann to demand "All off!" in favor of a cute Italian summer hairstyle.  For now, I say "just a little, thank you very much!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment