10 September 2009

Cold and Cough? CHECK!

Silly me, I seemed to have forgotten on my "Italy Check-list" the most important thing for travel...a common cold for Ava!  All day yesterday she was sneezing like crazy, and had a little cough in the evening, but I figured it was just allergies.  It is well known that if you've never had allergies in your life, the minute you are in Texas, you can suddenly be allergic to everything in the air!  Well, sometime during the night, Ava developed a full-fledged cold.  Snotty nose, mucus cough, and her classic bronchiospasms that inhibit her breathing and keep us both up at night.  Thankfully I had taken the advice of many other travelers and stocked up on our favorite children's medications since they can be hard to find, or are very expensive in Italy.  But the one thing she really needed, a good decongestant, was no where to be found in our medicine bag.

Go figure, the one day I really need to jet out and grab my daughter some medicine, there is torrential down-pouring in Texas!  I mean, this rain was causing dangerous, massive flooding on the roads.  And my little girl, with booggers streaming down her nose, had to accompany me so we could buy the one medicine I had forgotten to include for our trip to Italy!  I'm just hoping she will be over it all since we now have 4 days till our flight.  No one likes flying with a stuffy nose.  And no one enjoys hearing a croopy cough coming from the child behind their seat on the plane.  Purell will now be my best friend until we depart, cause we can't have a sick mommy on the flight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment