Maybe you'll think it's a bit of a stretch, but I figured talking about ballet on a blog about Italy isn't entirely out of context. Though it is debated by some, most historians agree that ballet originated in Italy. Taking form in 15th century Renaissance courts, classical ballet then further developed in France, England and Russia.
I grew up taking classical ballet lessons, and for many many years it was a large part of my identity. As time has progressed, it took a backseat to other aspects of my life, but dancing has always stayed in my heart. Today was a special day for me as a mom: I took Ava to her first ballet class! Though I don't want to look like a pushy mom, I knew Ava would love to get into ballet. She's forever dancing around, expressing herself, and putting on a show. Hopefully she will really enjoy ballet and come to reap all the benefits this amazing art form brings to young children!

wow! woah! so much going on here! First of all, congratulations on going back to Firenze! I am super jealous, lol, but happy I will get to read about it!
ReplyDeleteI started G. in ballet with November and she loves it (too). Like you I trained in classical ballet until I moved to NY (ironic), so I knew if I had a little girl that I'd encourage her to take ballet. And I agree: if she had tried and hated, I would have (Sadly) said "okay", but I knew she'd love it. Hope Ava is still enjoying it!
Thanks Em! Hopefully I'm not being too annoying in my excitement about returning to Italy, but I'm pretty sure you understand :) Ava just did ballet till Christmas time but looooooved it! We had to have somethin fun to do in this cold Alaska! Now we're doin swim lessons and that's been a different adventure..
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling Ava and G. would be good friends!