This game is such a common one these days, that today when I was in the car alone, I actually started playing this game by myself! I was thinking of the more obscure letter 'O'. What complex words begin with O? I thought: obstetrician, orangutan, objectivism, occipital, October. Wait....where did October go??? I faintly remember welcoming this month while I was in Italy...and now it's already gone! It was snowing at the beginning of the month in Alaska, and now the days are getting shorter by 7 minutes every day! Time is literally and very visibly slipping away from me now!! If it's just been a few weeks since I was last in Italy, how much longer will it be until I can go back there again?
Well, I found this great quote the other day by Jorge Luis Borges and feel like it fits perfectly to this concept in relation to Italy, time, and my favorite person who resides in Italy. This amazing writer and poet who I'm just starting to explore wrote this:
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time."
"The Threatened One," from The Unending Rose --Borges
Oooooooohhhh October. You were good to me even though you seemed shorter than usual. See ya again next year, I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment