While the climate and weather will be different from our last experience, I'm thinking many things will be somewhat the same. That's a comfort for anyone with a kid in a new place...some familiarity and routine always help get things settled! I'm hoping there will be an open place for Ava at the same school she attended last year. And then while she is at school, I'm hoping to finally take some formal Italian lessons! For the past year I've been fiddling around with Rosetta Stone, a version that is at least 10 years old. It's helped me learn a lot of great nouns and verbs, but I still don't feel like I can form my own sentences correctly without taking 10 minutes to translate a phrase in my head! Maybe if I have a real instructor, I'll finally get on my way to starting the long journey towards my most difficult hurddle of learning a second language.
And so what's with the pig statue above? It's the famous porcellino in Firenze's Mercato Nuovo. Many travelers go up to this wild boar and rub his nose to ensure they will return to Firenze again. Hence the nice, shiny snout! So the question is: was I ever superstitious enough to rub his little nose in the past times I've visited? How have I had the good fortune of returning to such an amazing place where I've met incredible people and had indescribable experiences? Hmm...maybe like the porcellino, I'll just sit here and smile and contemplate luck...and...what I'm going to pack!

congratsssssss! I'm so stoked you guys are making the move and yes Florence in springtime will be amazing!!!
ReplyDeletethanks! and you better believe Ava and I will be needing some cupcakes from Mama's Bakery, so we'll have to have a girly date together :)
ReplyDelete