Today marks the beginning of 90 days to wait in the Alaskan winter until our 90 days of Italian Spring! Three months till our next three months! And what better way to celebrate than having a Christmas-movie-hot-chocolate-pajama day at home! Well, Ava's school is closed today and tomorrow because of dangerous ice conditions here...something that apparently never happens. I mean, they allow Ava to play outside for recess until -20 degrees, and would never think of canceling school! But I guess it's so dangerous outside, they don't want anyone on the roads.
I feel confident that the next 90 days will move along quickly. This week is Thanksgiving, soon it will be the Winter Solstice (I think we get about 4 hours of daylight at that point) and before we know it, Christmas will be here! Quickly the New Year will be upon us, Ava will finish up her school in February, and on Valentine's Day we'll be in Seattle! One week there, then we're off to Italy! I don't know about you...but it seems like Spring is just around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment