30 August 2009

Two weeks till Go Time!


Ugh...I just realized I should have started this a week ago...then I could have had my first post say "Three weeks till Go Time!" and carried out the whole "3" theme of the blog. Ah well. C'est la vie.


I have never attempted (or thought) to host a blog. But this thought occurred to me the other day, as I was contemplating the ways I could keep in touch with my family and friends while on our journey. Everyone hates those group emails, and who wants to look at 600 pictures that someone sends out after their long time away? Most of all, I hate to be one of those Facebookers who writes a 3 page synopsis of their day in the "What's on your mind?" section on their page.

So, here is a solution I figured I could try! Who knows how often I might post, and what in the world I will write about. But hey, I like writing, I like taking pictures, I like sharing my life with my family, and I apparently like the thought of doing so with anyone in this vast internet world who would bother reading about our little adventure! Who doesn't like to try something new?  Hmm...I just realized I will need to invest in a new camera if I want to record and share all these adventures, seeing as my recent Kodak Christmas present was caught in a torrential downpour at our most recent trip to the beach house, and someone didn't see my camera outside, though someone was in charge of bringing everything that was outside, inside, and I won't mention that someone's name.  But he knows who he is.  Yes, indeed.

Anyways, I digress.  Ava and I will pack our bags (mainly she will try to play with every toy I am attempting to wrangle) and fly to Florence, Italy.  Two weeks till Go Time, and I will openly admit my suitcases are packed.  Literally.  I just gotta throw in my toothbrush and we're gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment